I leave them with the following advice:
- Show thanks to the people who have made Catholic education possible for you.
- Parents, guardians, grandparents, benefactors.
You are important
- God has a plan for each of you.
- You are unique and special.
- Your life has value and God loves you even in the darkest moments. None of you were created by accident.
- When you fail or make mistakes, get up and get over it.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- DO NOT DWELL ON YOUR MISTAKES! Keep moving forward with courage and empathy.
- Do not allow your mistakes or shortcomings to paralyze you or your future efforts.
- Each day is a gift from God and worthy of your best effort.
- Make sure you define who you are and where you are going – if you don’t, someone will.
Quiet the Noise
- Social Media.
- Our strength is in our differences – not our similarities.
- Diversity adds depth and color to our world.
Be a Positive Person